Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sunglasses =)

Hey everybody!

Wanted to show you a pair of my favorite sunglasses today. I find it is always a good idea to bring sunglasses with you wherever you go because I always find myself in need of a pair. Sunglasses are important, during the Summer especially because the eye's will be at a greater risk for sun damage. 

I took a little blip from an article on MayoClinic written by Dennis Robertson:

"UV radiation from the sun can damage not only the skin of your eyelid but also the cornea, 
lens and other parts of the eye.
 UV exposure also contributes to the development of certain types of cataracts.
When you're choosing sunglasses, look for UV-protection details on product labels. 
Choose sunglasses that block 99 to 100 percent of both UVA and UVB rays.
Opt for larger lenses rather than smaller lenses."

I found this information helpful because I never knew the depth of how 
easily the sun can damage such a small part of the body such as the eyes. 
I myself have a pair of purple Ray Bans Cats Sunglasses with 100% UVA/UVB protection. 
They are great because i can tote them in the case they came in everywhere 
and feel at ease wearing them knowing they are protecting my eyes from the sun. 
I do sometimes tend to get a bit of a sunglasses tan if I am 
out in the sun for extended periods of time; but it is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment